Instructair: Flight Training On Demand
How can your startup idea take off in a mature industry with a lot of competitors? Adam and Reagan Skinner are finding out first-hand as they launch the first-ever on-demand marketplace for student pilots and flight instructors.
As a commercial pilot and flight instructor, Adam saw the opportunity clearly: Give pilots more choice, convenience, and control in finding the right instructor with a mobile app, without the expense and delays of a traditional flying school.Adam and Reagan decided to build Instructair as a marketplace platform that answers the “What’s In It For Me” question for both sides of the market:
- Give pilot students an easier way to search, book, and pay for pre-screened instructors in their area with a mobile app.
- Give flight instructors a better way to promote their experience, choose who they fly with, and set their own rates and schedule.
Building a two-sided marketplace is no easy task. After a false start with a freelance developer, Adam and Reagan chose GrowthClick because of our existing platform, track record, and flexibility to deliver custom features for special requirements.
We launched the Instructair app for iPhone, Android, and Web with user features including:
- Student Pilots can browse and filter instructors on a map, view their profiles, and post training requests to one or more qualified instructors.
- Instructors can set their own prices, get notified of new training requests with push and SMS alerts, and coordinate with students through secure messaging.
- The app includes invoicing tools, integrated email marketing, and Stripe ecommerce so instructors are paid automatically with each student payment.
- Instructair iPhone App launched in Apple App Store
- Instructair Android App launched in Google Play! Store
- Web App with social media features at https://app.instructair.com
- Branding, logo design, and website creation at https://instructair.com
Logo & Website Design
“Tom at Growthclick gave us confidence and assurance in his knowledge, skill, and integrity by demonstrating excellence in communication and organization, prompt and dependable follow through, and by using a measure twice, cut once approach.
Tom took the time to learn about our industry, so he could clearly relate to our unique development needs. Through extensive planning, development and testing, GrowthClick delivered our services marketplace solution that continues to impress and exceeds the vision we originally had for this platform.”
Adam & Reagan Skinner