Ionic 2 / Angular 2 App Developer
We’re growing quickly and looking for an Ionic 2 & Angular 2 developer who can help take our platform offering to the next level with new features, performance improvements (front-end and back-end), and other enhancements to serve more clients.
You love the challenge of software development and are ready to contribute on a project-by-project basis with the first project starting shortly. In the longer term, we’ll be looking for someone to take a leadership role as part of our core team.
- Review and clarify client-specific requirements (use cases) for new platform features based on written specifications and work with our project manager to clarify technical assumptions, plan technical implementation, and estimate the work effort.
- Complete development and unit testing of new features to meet requirements, while working with our project manager and/or designer as needed.
- Work with our team to guide and implement product-level enhancements that will help multiple clients.
- Work with our designer to implement client-specific user experience elements through Angular HTML templates and SCSS.
Requirements for Success
- You’ve worked on an Angular 2 / Ionic 2 app already and are comfortable with TypeScript and the Ionic CLI.
- Experienced creating components, pages, services, and making JSON REST API calls to a server.
- Experienced developing apps (native or hybrid) with Cordova/PhoneGap plugins (geolocation, push alerts, etc), and building/testing/debugging Ionic apps running on iOS (Xcode/Testflight) and Android. We’d love to hear about apps you’ve published through iTunes and Google Play.
- Be comfortable working in a team setting using Git, Slack, Skype, and project management tools like Trello/Teamwork.com.
- We’re based in Vancouver and collaboration is important, so this role is for someone who can be online for a few hours a day from 8 am to 6 pm pacific (4 pm to 2 am GMT).
- You have solid communication skills, both written and spoken, and would be okay with participating in the occasional client-facing conference call. We don’t do meetings for meetings sake.
- You’re a natural problem solver and happy to do a combination of client-specific and product-oriented development work.
- Though this role is primarily front-end development, it would be ideal if you also had experience in Node, Postgres, Sequelize, and Heroku.
If it sounds like a good fit, please share your resume, website, or LinkedIn profile with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear about your experience, availability, and approach/pricing.